Saturday, January 27, 2007 @ 9:26 AM
I saw a document here in my computer and I think my brother made it. I want to show to you the document cuz it was pretty touching [even though it's not yet finished..I think] So, yeah, my brother's already in college and I think the document was for his assignment:P [btw, it's long.. but hope you have time to read it.]
FISHBALL
by Francis Cruz [yata.. :))]
It’s raining again. I hate it when it rains. Water gets to my feet, students buying fish ball are scarce and of course, it is so hard for me to catch a glimpse of Anne. I hate that big umbrella held up by her driver. I hate it because it hides the face of my love but I love it because it keeps her from getting sick, being absent and ruining my day (because I do not have the chance to see her. Man, I really love her! Every Thursday, she goes to my stand, well actually, my father’s stand, and she buys eight fish balls from me. That’s why I love the number eight so much. Yes, every week, I get to talk to her even if the subject of our conversation is always about how many fish balls she will take ( though I know how many she wants), what sauce she wants (she wants mixed, sweet and spicy) and if she has any smaller bills ( she always gives me a hundred peso bill). Every week, I look forward to this short routine conversation. But, of course, I know I don’t have a chance with her. I’ve got absolutely no chance. She is this rich beautiful high school girl while I am this grade school drop-out whom students go to for tusok-tusok after class. You may think that Anne is this soiled rich girl but as I see her, she is really not. She is sweet, caring, and well, not stuck-up. She’s really perfect and I know I can’t have her. But wait, is that a yellow umbrella I see. Yes, it is Anne! But why is she alone? Where is her driver? Oh, there he is. He’s buying banana cue from Aling Tina. God, Anne, you are so beautiful. I see you waiting there by the road, under that big yellow umbrella. Hmm, you look sad. Maybe if I give you your eight fish balls with the sweet and spicy sauce, maybe you’d be happy. I hate it when you’re not happy (though you still look lovely even if you’re in that mood). Well that’s stupid. It’s just fish ball. How could she become happy with fish balls? Well, it’s all I have. I don’t have money for flowers. I don’t have money for gifts. All I have are these fish balls. Okay, here’s my chance. I know that I still don’t have a chance to be with you or something. But, well, at least I want you to be happy or to stay happy. Anyway, here goes. One, two…five…eight. Ok, here goes. Does my hair look okay? Nevermind, she would probably not notice it anyway. Okay, okay, don’t be nervous Don. You’re just bringing her fishballls. She probably won’t accept it. She might think I’m a stalker or something. Anyway, stop thinking. Stop talking to yourself Don! I’m walking now, slowly of course, because I might drop these fish balls. I’m now crossing the road. I’m so excited! I want to see her smile. She always smiles when she gets her fish balls. I’m brisk walking now. She’s looking at me now. Wow! She’s looking at me now. But wait, why does she have that face? Why does she look worried? She’s shouting something. She suddenly ran toward me. Why is she running? She ran faster and pushed me back to the side walk. I fell and dropped what I was bringing. As I stood up, I saw it. Her mangled body was lying on the ground. Men were shouting and running towards her. I just stood there, looking at her.